Multi-Year Accessibility Plan: Policies and Practices
This accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Olameter Inc. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Olameter Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”).
Accessible Emergency Information
Olameter Inc. is committed to providing our customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Olameter Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities, consistent with the AODA. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
- Olameter Inc. will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessibility laws as required.
- Train employees on AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
- Train managers, human resources, benefits coordinators and those who are involved in the development of Olameter Inc.’s policies on AODA Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities.
- Provide staff with information pertaining to the AODA and Olameter Inc.’s policies related to serving people with disabilities.
Information and Communications
Olameter Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs, and to ensure that everyone who wants to use our services can do so and have a positive experience. We have done this in various ways, including:
- Making links on our website descriptive and providing alternative text to help people using assistive technology such as screen reader software.
- Considering accessibility when we design features or pages on our websites.
- Increasing the contrast between fonts and backgrounds to make pages on our website easier to read.
- Making our website easier to navigate without using a mouse.
- Olameter Inc. shall ensure that its websites and content on those websites conform with the applicable Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Levels as required by the IASR.
We regularly monitor and test the accessibility of our websites and are currently working on improvements to ensure they are accessible to all users. Olameter Inc. will continue to:
- Ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request.
- Provide accessibility tips online and upon request.
- Employ feedback processes that are accessible to people with disabilities upon request and invite feedback about our site accessibility and how we can improve.
- Notify that we can provide accessible formats and communications supports with respect to feedback processes. Improve and enhance the Olameter Inc. websites to achieve compliance with the applicable WCAG 2.0, as per the timelines stipulated by the IASR, subject to exclusions set out in the IASR.
Olameter Inc. always strives to provide services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Olameter Inc. is also committed to giving people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our services and allowing them to benefit from the same services, in the same place and in a similar way as other customers.
Olameter Inc. will continue to take the following steps to ensure it continues to meet AODA requirements:
- Provide training on purpose of the AODA and accessible customer service to all new employees, volunteers and others who provide services on behalf of Olameter Inc.
- Review and update policies and standards regularly, to ensure high quality, accessible customer service.
- Review all customer feedback and take appropriate action. Continue to implement service disruption protocol by posting signs to advise the public where alternate service may be obtained, while repairs to existing services are completed
Please refer to our Customer Service Policy for more details on the above.
Olameter Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take steps to notify the public and staff that Olameter Inc. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
Olameter Inc. has published our commitment on our applicable websites about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports, and upon request, will provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats in a timely manner.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that Olameter Inc. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Continue to provide Careers pages and application processes that specify the availability of accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process.
- Continue to provide support and accommodation upon request to applicants with disabilities.
- Upon request, consult with the applicant and arrange for suitable accommodation to enable them to perform all the essential duties of the position.
- Notify the successful applicant, when making offers of employment, of its policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Train hiring managers and monitor their success in telling prospective employees that accommodations are available throughout the interview process.
Olameter Inc. has developed and will take the following steps to implement a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees who have been absent due to a disability:
- Inform employees of the availability of accommodation and return to work processes and how to access them.
- Train key stakeholders in the return to work and accommodation processes to work collaboratively to develop individualized plans that consider disability.
- Employ return to work and accommodation processes that consider disability, and continue to develop, monitor, and improve processes where possible.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are considered during Olameter Inc.’s performance management, career development, advancement, and redeployment processes:
- Ensure our documentation, policies and procedures related to performance management, career development and redeployment inform employees with disabilities of the availability of accommodation.
- Olameter Inc. will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.
- Ensure Emergency Response Plan reviews incorporate accessibility considerations, including individualized emergency response plans for employees with disabilities.
- Ensure accessibility is a consideration in the development or improvement of future policies, procedures and practices in our Ontario, Canada locations.
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact customer service. Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request.