Olameter’s Network Operations Center (NOC) monitors and controls the core systems, the data hubs and edge devices, the telecommunications networks and the personal electronic devices used by Olameter personnel, utility clients and contractors.
Our Network Operations Center is based in Aurora, ON. It operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The NOC is responsible for monitoring power failures, communication line alarms (such as bit errors, framing errors, line coding errors, and circuits down) and other performance issues that may affect the network.
Data Hubs and Edge Devices
Olameter maintains data center facilities across the United States and Canada. These facilities feature multiple layers of redundancy, as well as serving as DRP/BRP sites for each other.
Olameter monitors and controls a variety of core utility systems. Some of these systems include:
- AMI systems
- Meter data management systems
- Distribution management systems
- Outage management systems
- Billing systems / customer information systems
- Geographic information systems / spatial data infrastructure
- IoT communication management systems
- Analytics systems
- Other operational support systems
In addition to acquiring and monitoring land line facilities from most major carriers across North America, Olameter has acquired and monitors cellular WAN connections from carriers with the most reliable quality and economical service options in each of the operating territories that Olameter manages. Some of these carriers include:
- United States: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon
- Canada: Bell Canada, Rogers, Telus
- Meter Reading: Itron FCS, Itron Mobile, Itron MV-90, Honeywell Connexo, QuadLogic IQ
- Utility Billing: Harris NorthStar
- Facility Locating: Pelican Fusion
- Spatial Data: Olameter SDI
- Workforce Management: Olameter WFMS, Olameter Jobsheet Management