Utilities rely on Olameter to supply the personnel required to manage full site field services programs for electric, water, and gas projects of all types and sizes. We often supplement our utility clients’ own personnel during times of peak field service activity. Examples of our in-field meter maintenance services include:
- Carry out of final reads or check reads
- Change-out meters that require testing or replacement
- Delivery of collection notices
- Performing in-field collections, including negotiation of payment in arrears
- Performing service disconnections and reconnections
- Installing or removing load-limiting devices
Our industry expertise can also help in other areas.
Water Meter Testing
An efficient water meter testing program not only helps water providers to stay in compliance with local and federal regulatory requirements, but also helps to understand where valuable water revenue is lost. Water providers including utilities, municipalities, private water companies, communities, universities, and hospitals partner with Olameter for accurate testing of large and small water meters. We ensure proper function, assess water “lost” due to poor calibration, and help set replacement timing.
Our services include:
- Water meter bench testing
- Large water meter testing, onsite and offsite
- Repair services
- Annual large water meter testing formunicipalities and private water companies
- Ensuring compliance with American Water Works Association (AWWA) Standards
Our Gloucester City, New Jersey regional facility uses a state-of-the-art MARS Series 2400 water meter test bench as well as several MARSVF4 portable large water meter testers. With this equipment, Olameter is able to provide testing services at our site while also allowing us to take our testing expertise directly to our utility customers. Our testing equipment is calibrated, certified annually, and multi-state certified. Olameter’s certified water meter technicians are trained to operate both pieces of equipment, utilizing stringent meter testing standards established by the AWWA. Our test bench employees have also been trained and certified by the MARS company.