For infrastructure refresh and other utility field services, choose Olameter for consulting and project management services, a single project component, or a partnership from project creation through completion. Olameter understands that our well-trained employees serve as the face of your utility at each customer’s home. Our comprehensive quality assurance programs and audits ensure our performance will meet your utility’s strict standards.
Demand Response and Residential Energy Programs
Empower your customers to reduce energy use and costs. Olameter has installed more than 100,000 smart thermostat and smart grid devices and can help you at every phase of an effective demand response or residential energy program with:
- Program development, with clearly defined goals and strategies
- Technology selection guidance and provider evaluation
- Marketing options include direct mail, telemarketing, print, and social media
- Installation of smart thermostats, in-home and load-managing devices, and more
- Flexible IT solutions for inventory management and work order processing
- Service and support to ensure continued high performance
- Complete customer care and call center services
Natural Gas Compliance Expertise
Natural gas system DOT compliance is an Olameter specialty, with field services covering all aspects of above-ground work. Our Gas Technicians receive extensive skills and Operator Qualification (“OQ”) training before starting any field work for our gas utility clients. Skills include adverse condition observance, safety awareness, understanding of utility-specific policies and procedures, OSHA compliance, and DOT compliance. Our technicians also receive public relations and customer service skills training.
Olameter has deep roots in the gas utility business and offers a full range of natural gas asset monitoring and maintenance solutions, including:
- Atmospheric corrosion surveys with remediation
- Gas meter exchanges due to “Aged in Service” with relights
- Leak surveys and above-ground leak repairs
- Smart thermostats, in-home and load-managing device installation
- Cathodic protection programs and installations of monitoring devices
- The latest technology & tools for recording and validating compliance
Olameter also offers non-traditional services for your utility’s residential and commercial customers, such as natural gas emergency standby electric power generators and residential natural gas vehicle refueler appliances (VRAs).